Giving BackPublished: Jun 20, 2012 00:09:50
Physical Link: Giving Back
It is important to give back to the community in some way. Your community may vary from other people’s, but it is a great way to create awareness of charities you believe in, your company’s good deeds and create balance and fun for your employees. Giving back also shows your employees the importance of supporting local charities and groups.
Most people are chasing the next buck to be made. They often want to be doing something that generates income. While money helps things run smoother, there are other things in life that are just as important. As a web developer; I believe that if I can give some of my time to a charity that I believe in, it helps my recognition in the community as a professional, but most important it allows the charity that I believe strongly in to put resources where it does the most for them (like promotions). This means they are not spending money needlessly on things that could be done by myself and my collegeaus.
How to choose the charity or service group?
- Think about what is important to you
- Who in your community is struggling ( read your local paper )
- Charities often run in various seasons
- Survey your employees to see what interests them
How much you are willing to do?
- Be mindful of your time. Do not over extend you or your employees
- Be aware of your image. Do quality, not quantity
- If you are not interested, do not to. Your best work will come out of your interests and beliefs
At the end of it all;
Author: Andrew Pallant
Categories: #ldnont, Balanced Life, Business, Community, Contributing