What is LeadershipPublished: Aug 25, 2011 19:55:00
Physical Link: What is Leadership
A leader is a person who helps drive a group of people to a set goal. A leader can drive the group of people to disaster or success. It is in the qualities and attitudes that success or disaster can occur. A person who operates in the capacity of leadership is not doing it for the money or larger office; although those are often part of the reward.
What is leadership? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership
Qualities & Attitudes
- Functions as servant to the group to which they are leading; not for oneself.
- Positive attitude, even in adversity
- Has a sense of humor
- Can lead without being a dictator and without being buddy buddy
- Humble in their abilities, but knows and has faith their abilities
- Knows how to set direction and knows when to change the direction of the sails
- Confident with themselves and their leadership
- Is decisive when making decisions
- Ability to listen to others
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and delegate according to the tasks at hand.
- Must be able to influence their team
- Must be able to challenge current processes
Leadership is slowly being lost in companies around the world. As the current generation of leaders leave their positions, companies are scrambling to fill the positions. It is very important that current leaders mentor and guide their successors prior to retiring or leaving the company. Successor-ship is task a leader must take on in order to keep the team successful.
Canada seems to have world-class leaders that are sought worldwide. It is important that we keep the cycle of leadership going; especially in Canada. Are you the next leader? We have a great source of entrepreneurship in our youth; are they our next leader? Are you ready to lead and help create new leaders?
The post What is Leadership appeared first on Software Developer In London.
Author: Andrew Pallant
Categories: Canada, entrepreneurship, Leadership