Where Did All The Respect GoPublished: Aug 24, 2014 04:02:13
Physical Link: Where Did All The Respect Go
Something is wrong in the world today and I don’t know what it is. Something has changed in the way we do business with each other. Common courtesy is not as common as it once was. There is definitely a lack of respect for people. Time to go back to old school approaches.
1. If you say you will get back to someone, get back to them. Do not leave them hanging. Even if it is not a positive response or a response of uncertainty.
2. Be aware of people around you. If someone is following you through a door, hold the door for them.
3. If someone drops something, pick it up and hand it to them.
4. Respect the time… Do not be late for appointments and meetings. You throw everyone else off when you are.
5. Be kind…
6. Be Patient…
7. When someone says good morning, forget how you feel and greet them back.
Is it really that hard to be nice and respectful? Should not have to work at it. Courtesy should be something that comes naturally. You just never know when your paths will cross again. Be kind to everyone; they may be your boss someday or you may meet them in the boardroom.
If you have trouble remembering to follow-up, set a calendar appointment in your phone or your office email system. Either way just do it!
People say respect should be earned, but how can you earn it if not given the chance.
You may just make someone’s day when you show a little respect and courtesy. A little R-E-S-P-E-C-T (taken from Aretha Franklin) goes a long way.
The post Where Did All The Respect Go appeared first on Software Developer In London.
Author: Andrew Pallant
Categories: Personal Thoughts, Courtesy, Respect